His mind is already loaded with the deteriorating state of the economy, now you also have to think of ways to protect your home from being targeted by thieves, as a result of rising crime in this economy. When the economy is weak, there is always acceleration in the rate of crime.
Houses in towns with many homes facing foreclosure are more vulnerable to this crime wave. So, how can we save our homes this risk? The following are ways to protect your property; you will be surprised to find some new tips here. Just apply these tips to make your home more protected properties in the neighborhood.
- Mail: Remove your name from the mailbox. Not take long for a thief to call 411 to get your number and call home to see if they’re there. It’s so easy to check if a house is occupied or empty. When taking a little caution, we can prevent this from happening to us.
- Phone: Reduce the ringer volume; otherwise you can inform thieves’ occupancy status of your home.
- Outdoor Lighting: Lighting system triggered movement is a great way to scare off thieves, as they can work only in the dark. What could discourage more bright lighting that highlights its presence? Buy movement outdoor lighting facilities tuner built to increase or decrease the sensitivity. After all, we do not want to jump when a stray cat triggers our outdoor lights, right?
- Glass doors: is the least advisable to have glass doors around your home. Think how easy it would be to break a glass door and open the door lock. This is a cinch even an amateur thief. If you are still firm on having decorative glass doors, consider laminating them. You can do this using 28 layers of 3M Ultra Safety and security transparent film.
- Tools: Your ladder and tools can be of great help to you, but make sure they are locked and will not help a thief too.
- Shrubs: Cutting short shrubs. It is very easy for a thief to hide behind thick bushes and thick trees.
- Trash: Amazing, but true! Some thieves to get an idea of what kind of valuables you may have in your home with just sorting through your trash. Just make sure you destroy all the boxes and put them in bags that go to the bottom of the trash cans. On leaving the faces public view at the top of the garbage cans boxes, is like inviting thieves to rob his house.
- Lighting: Set a timer for lights. It’s about making your home occupied even when it is not. And do not worry; it’s not too expensive too.
- Locks: a lock of ideal door should have a lock with a strike plate attached by screws that are at least 3 inches long. This is normal and nothing less, would not meet safety requirements.
- Windows and tracks: Buy metal pipes at your neighborhood hardware store that is set in the registry of your windows. Find our time your window are using an inch tape and purchase tubing is 1/4 “inch less than this length. Cut the length of a quarter inch ensures a good fit and save you a trip back. Make sure fits just right, should not be too easy to remove any poor thief trying to enter through the window open it will be impossible.